- 23-Jan-2015 to 27-Jan-2015 (CST)
- Nursing Home
- Seymour, WI, USA
- Full Time
Positions working 40 hours or more per pay period are eligible for benefits
Become a part of our amazing long-term care team! Good Shepherd Services, Ltd. is seeking an excellent Registered Nurse to
provide extraordinary care to the residents of our exceptional 50-bed nursing home.
ALL positions half-time and greater are eligible for benefits including paid time off, participation in group health, dental, life, and vision insurances, 403b retirement savings, child care discount, fitness reimbursement, onsite wellness coach, yoga, massage, and more!
Seymour is an easy 15-20 minute highway drive from both Green Bay and Appleton!
Overnight NOCs ( 10pm - 6am) 72 hrs per 2-week pay period
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The House Manager/Charge Nurse/RN:
1. Makes clinical decisions to guide the effective practice of gerontological nursing utilizing physician direction and nursing judgment. Makes rounds on all assigned residents during shift. Assists in direct resident care such as handling or moving residents.
2. Assesses the health status of the residents and shares the information (i.e. physical changes in skin coloring, texture, or temperature, change in respiratory sound) with appropriate members of the health care team. Utilizes the nursing process
to meet resident needs. Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department supervisors.
3. Coordinates and participates in planning and implementation of admission and discharges of assigned residents.
4. Coordinates and participates in notification of families of assigned residents of new orders, changes in condition and physician visits. Must be able to deal tactfully with these persons, who may be hostile and emotionally upset.
5. Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
6. Coordinates and participates in development and maintenance of current and accurate interdisciplinary care plan for assigned residents which guides the restoration of residents' functional capabilities. Incorporates new orders and changes in condition promptly. Communicates changes in the plan to team members. Maintains a liaison with residents, their families, other departments, etc., to adequately plan for the resident needs.
7. Supervises and directs team members (RN, LPN, CNA) in the delivery of care for assigned residents, utilizing Good Shepherd Services policies and procedures. Must utilize leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with team members. Makes independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
8. Prepares and administers medications and medical and nursing treatment to meet medical orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care as assigned, during specific work shifts. Utilizes medical cart.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!